Sapna Welsh has a long track record of working with organizations to leverage people to deliver business results. She has helped individuals improve their performance through mentoring, training, performance management, and coaching. Currently, as a partner of Leverage HR, LLC, she is dedicated to increase the number of women leaders in underrepresented sectors. She recently released her first book, Worldly Women – The New Leadership Profile, where she builds on existing women’s leadership development methods and supercharges them with a fresh perspective – working abroad – a powerful leadership development tool. She has worked with organizations from various sectors and nations including: JP Morgan Chase,Deloitte and Touche, The American Heart Association, The Ohio State University, Akademie fur Bildung, and Thyssen Krupp.
Some of her successes include:
- Led an executive steering committee through the process of establishing an integrated diversity initiative including establishing targets, facilitating training, and tracking metrics. The initiative was highlighted for its success in Diversity Careers, a top US diversity magazine.
- Participated in the roll-out of a firm wide mentoring program which contributed to the increase of women leaders by almost 30% over several years
- Developed and managed a yearlong rotational program across a multi-state region to accelerate the performance of one year employees to those of three year incumbents.
- Facilitated one and two day workshops to prepare German managers to transition to roles in the US. One hundred percent of workshop participants experienced decreased ramp up time and completed international assignment successfully.
- Led workshops with major professional women’s organizations to better prepare women to effectively leverage international experience to meet their career goals.
Dedicated to the cause:
- Completed first of its kind research on professional women expatriates
- Frequently speaks on the topic of global women’s leadership at various conferences and panels ranging from Warsaw, Poland to Constance, Germany, as well as delivering webinars with global reach.
- Publish articles and blogs on global women’s leadership (T&D magazine, SHRM Global HR Trends, The Women’s Book, and other online magazines around the world)